Royal Existence is one of the leading dance institutions in Darwin. At our school, we aim to encourage a widespread love of dance, welcoming children and adults who can’t help but feel the rhythm! Established in 2018, we aim to create a positive, welcoming environment which is encouraging for all.
Discover Royal Existence
About Royal Existence
Located within the Darwin region, Royal Existence is a comprehensive dance facility. We have 7 styles on offer for students from ages 18months to 18years. We have 3 studio spaces and a spacious waiting area.
To ensure classes are suitable for those who attend, we offer a range of options across styles, age groups and abilities. We enjoy keeping our classes small, allowing a maximum of 15 students in one class, which allows our instructor to provide more personalised training, help them set & achieve goals and build strong relationships. Whether you are aiming for a professional career, looking to stay fit or finally ready to give dance a try, we have a class for you.
The dance teachers at Royal Existence have a vast range of experience across disciplines. Our collective approach is to share our passion for dance while being supportive and encouraging.
Is Royal X Dance Family for you?
Our vision is to build our students into successful leaders, strong in character, full of confidence and joy, as they discover their creative purpose and are launched into their bright future.
At Royal Existence our mission is to empower young people to be the best version of themselves and launch them into their creative purpose, using dance as the platform to do so. We believe we can achieve this by providing quality training, encouraging creativity and fostering a culture of family.
Our 5 Core Values
- Creativity – we are committed to providing fresh, creative and inspiring choreography and encouraging students in their creative ability.
- Excellence – we commit to offering and constantly improving the quality of service we have to offer, from enrolment, communications, performances in and outside of our studio space by having a “better today than yesterday” attitude.
- Growth – we are committed to investing and constantly educating ourselves. We believe and encourage our dance family to never stop learning.
- Integrity – We commit to fostering a culture of respect for ourselves, others and dance as an artform. Integrity extends into our consideration of music and costume choices for our students.
- Unity – we are committed to communicating candidly, fostering a culture of family and investing back into our community.
The Royal Existence team of accredited and friendly dance instructors have a range of skills they can share with our students.
Brittany releases an atmosphere of joy when she teaches and encourages students to feel comfortable to express themselves.
At the end of year 12 danced professionally on her first cruise ship contract – Star Cruises in Southeast Asia. It was a dream come true. At the completion of her contract she auditioned for both Moulin Rouge and Tokyo Disneyland and got offered a position at both. Being a big kid at heart she chose Disney and was cast as Cinderella, Mary Poppins and Esmerelda. She went on to work with Disney Cruise Line in America for 4 years. At the age of 26 she decided to come home to Australia where she joined a performance agency and travelled Queensland performing in a variety of children’s shows as a host/dancer and a character suit operator. She also started teaching ballet to preschoolers at Kinderballet in Brisbane. Melita says she is so grateful to have found Royal X through her daughter’s passion for dance. She is eager to start teaching Ready Set Dance, Ballet and Move With Me and to have the privilege of witnessing her little dancers achieve all their milestones.